Don't Create a Monster - Think Before You Flush
Click here for printable materials and other resources.
The following products are commonly flushed down the toilet and wind up in our sewer system. But flushing these so-called “flushable” products can clog pipes,
· Cotton swabs
· Dental floss
· Cat litter
· Feminine hygiene products
· Paper towels
· Even “flushable” wipes
Tips to Keep Your Pipes Safe
· Use baskets or strainers in sink drains to catch food scraps and other solids.
· Scrape grease and food scraps from plates, pots and pans, utensils, and grills into the garbage.
· Keep fats, oil, and grease out of our sewers and help keep our environment clean.
· Capture animal fats in a can and put all food waste and discards in a trash container.
Let’s work together to keep costly clogs out of our homes, apartments, schools, and businesses.
The monster graphics are © the Marine Conservation Society,
Registered Charity no: 10004005 (England &Wales); SC037480 (Scotland)