City of Bakersfield Recreation & Parks operates four public pool facilities of which three are seasonal and one is the year-round McMurtrey Aquatic Center. The department strives to offer safe, fun, affordable, and healthy aquatic programs for all ages.
Current programs and schedules are in the Activities Brochure.
- MORE Swim Clinics! Starting September 1 we will be offering more Swim Clinics at Silver Creek Pool and McMurtrey Aquatic Center! This program is designed for proficient swimmers ready for swim team. Stroke development and daily workout plans will be provided by an instructor distanced 6 feet from participants. Availability will be limited in order to properly social distance. For any questions please call (661) 852- 7430. View Flyer
- In effort to better accommodate all lap swim participants, lane reservations can be made in person or via telephone starting at 8 a.m. for the following day. Reservations for Monday can also be made on Friday starting at 8 a.m. by calling McMurtrey Aquatic Center 852-7440. If you choose to call on Saturday, please call between 8 a.m. and Noon as voicemails are not an acceptable form of reserving a lane.
- If you and a member of your household will be swimming at the same time, please share a lane in order for more of your fellow swimmers to utilize the time slot.
- Reservations can be changed or cancelled at any time. Please be courteous of fellow lap swimmers and, it it’s necessary, please cancel with plenty of notice so staff can open the lane for another reservation.
- A wait list option has been added to our reservation system. If you are wait-listed for a time slot, staff will notify you as soon as possible if a lane becomes available in the order that names were received.
Aquatic Office Location
1325 Q Street, Suite 200
Bakersfield, CA 93301