Recycle Your Christmas Tree
The City offers several convenient ways to properly recycle your Christmas tree in just two easy steps! Recycling helps keep trees out of landfills and provides quality material for composting and wood chips.
Step 1 - Remove all ornaments, bulbs and lights, as well as plastic and metal stands.
Step 2 - Drop off the tree at one of several convenient locations around the City:
- Mt. Vernon Green Waste Facility: 2601 S Mount Vernon Ave
- Bakersfield College south parking lot (corner of Haley Street and University Avenues) between December 26th and January 12th only.
- Cal State Bakersfield southwest parking lot (Camino Media and Southwest Drive) between December 26th and January 12th only.
- Kern County Fairgrounds parking lot (Belle Terrace and P Street) between December 26th and January 12th only.
- Christmas trees may also be placed in your residential green waste container by cutting the tree to fit inside the container. The lid must close completely and put out for regular pick-up on collection day.
Flock or artificial trees cannot be recycled - place them in the tan container for disposal.
Do not dump your tree illegally - violators may be subject to fines!